A new national focus on the value of technology in healthcare has been announced as a central focus for the Long Term Plan. Putting more control in the hands of patients and enabling care providers to provide a comprehensive service means modernising digital services, systems and engagement. Implementation requires collaboration and partnership across departments and between organisations, value requires effective management.
This award is designed to recognise successful initiatives which have used technology and digital systems to improve access for patients to their care and have enabled staff to improve capacity, improve experience and quality of care.
Open to NHS organisations who have implemented successful digital projects enabling patients and staff to manage information about health services more effectively.
Judging Criteria :
- Outline the initiative including the vision.
- Describe the context in which the initiative was required.
- What targets were set in terms of patient outcome, experience, integration and efficiency?
- What financial assessment was undertaken and of the predicted impact? How was value for money to be measured?
- What have been the results, including performance against targets?
- How has the patient experience improved? Provide supporting evidence with examples and testimonial.
- How has care improved?
- What has been the impact on efficiency?
- Describe the financial impact, is the initiative delivering value for money?
- How have other organisations learned from this implementation and how is best practice being shared?
- What evidence is there that this initiative could be replicable and effective elsewhere?
- How has the digital initiative added value for patients in terms of time, quality of life, quality of experience and outcomes?
- What has been the outcome for staff in terms of time and quality of service?
- How has the investment delivered value for money in other areas?
- Provide evidence that all relevant staff were engaged in the design and subsequent implementation of the technology solution.
- Provide examples of how patients were involved in the design and implementation of the technology solution.
- Describe how a strong partnership between the vendor/s of the technology and users of the technology has delivered improvements.